Please help the iPhone's Khmer localization

Monday, August 31, 2009

Khmer iPhone Glossary

I think this Khmer iPhone Glossary idea is good but in order for it to work we must all collaborate and be very organized. As far as I know, there are three translators on the team. It seems that everyone is doing their own thing, which is ok but inefficient. We don't want to waste time, so we must be highly organized in making this effort workable.

My ideas:

1) We should focus on only the most difficult terms and decide them in the excel sheets.
2) For easy words like OK យល់ព្រម or Cancel បោះបង់ we should omit all.
3) Not so easy terms like Airplane Mode (which I think should be របៀបយន្តហោះ) and "Slide to" blah blah blah should be discussed further.
4) I think we should start submitting our works in translations via Google Documents.
5) I think all translators on the team should have access to edit and change the google documents.

No comments: